Friday, April 03, 2009

Mother Hummingbird Feeding Her Babies



I got lucky yesterday evening when I found the mother hummingbird feeding her babies. I wished I had my tripod with me, the video is a little shakey.

My plan is to film the babies until they grow up and fly away. I have a lot of good footage I haven't posted yet that I will eventually use to make a complete movie with background music. The following are short clips of the hummingbirds I posted so far on Vimeo and here:

Hummingbird in a Nest
Eggs Hatched Today - Baby Hummingbirds

So stay tuned, more to come!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, I was not able to play the video, and of course I do not know why. But I hope you did not sustain any injuries in the pursuit of your art! That hummingbird Mom was ferocious last time!

Does your Haircaster say pony hair day today? LOL!

I get so excited when I look at the bottom of one of your videos and see the button for a "newer post." Woo hoo! Keep 'em coming! from Betty

Desertnut said...

Betty,

To think I just had my hair done today and now it's covered with sand. I guess I just where hat today! LOL

http://i39.tinypic.com/1z6yvjk.jpg

I wonder why Vimeo video didn't work for you. Maybe their server was down. Try viewing it through Viddyou here:

http://www.viddyou.com/viddstream?videoid=59297

Thanks again for your comments! You inspire me to keep my blog up! Stay indoors today or you'll have wind blown hair like me. LOL!

Linda:)

Desertnut said...

Oops! Meant to say wear a hat not where a hat. But then again the wind blew off my hat and I don't know where it is. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Linda, That is funny about where your hat is. Maybe it blew into our yard. ha.

I messed up about "pony hair day." I guess you got what I meant.

Yes, I was able to view the baby hum-feasting.

BTW, my hair always looks a little wind-blown. That's the style. I was inspired by Albert Einstein. ha. Hair-wise only, that is. Not brain-wise. ha again. Betty

Anonymous said...

Dear Linda, This morning my husband found a parking pass for Woodhaven for tomorrow, Sunday 4/5. Still looking for your hat! LOL! Betty

Desertnut said...

Betty!! LOL!!!!