Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hummingbird Recovery



I was upstairs in my home office when I heard a loud bang on our downstairs sliding glass door. It sounded like a golf ball hit it. So I went to see what it was. To my discovery I found a tiny hummingbird laying unconscious on our tiled patio. I guess when I moved the feeders from the back to the front of the patio, this little bird got confused. He crashed into the sliding glass door and was knocked out cold.

The poor little bird looked almost dead. So I carefully picked the hummingbird up to keep him out of harms way and to keep him warm. Then afterwards when the little bird opened his eyes and seemed responsive, I placed him on a tree branch. He finally flew away to another tree after 10 minutes. So happy he recovered! Watch the above video.

No comments: