Sunday, October 31, 2010

Golf Cart Parade - Halloween Extravaganza



We spent the afternoon enjoying the Golf Cart Parade on El Paseo in Palm Desert, CA. The parade theme this year was "Halloween Extravaganza." Watch the above video to see some of these creative and amazing floats. To view the whole parade, CLICK HERE to watch all three sequels on YouTube.


The above photo shows a golf cart float as the "One-Eyed One-Horned Flying Purple People Eater." When I was a kid I use to sing that song all the time, LOL! To view more pictures of the Halloween Extravaganza Parade, CLICK HERE.


"Til Death Do Us Part" was the theme of their golf cart. They were absolutely awesome!!!


There were so many cute dogs at the parade, I couldn't resist taking pictures of them. My sister brought her two chihuahuas, Bella and Scout. She had a tiny muzzle for Scout because he has a tendency to bite other people (including family members). While her other dog, Bella is friendlier however has an eating disorder. She likes to eat sticks, rocks or anything in sight. We found her eating Kettle Corn after we noticed there was a big hole at the bottom of the bag. My sister ended up putting the muzzle on Bella, poor baby! LOL! We'll pretend that was her Halloween costume.


Picture below: Family members enjoying front row seating (we got there early) waiting for the parade to start.


There were so many cute dogs at the parade, I couldn't resist filming some of them. Watch the following movie.



We also celebrated my mother's birthday today. "Happy Birthday, Mom!"

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOL! We were at the parade too and I happened to get a picture of your sister's dogs in their stroller because I thought it was funny. Scroll down to the very bottom. http://www.toadhaven.com/Halloween%20Golf%20Cart%20Parade%202010.html

We moved to CA this summer and I am always looking for new places to explore and found your blog when I was researching how to see Bob Hope's house. :)

Desertnut said...

Hi Jennifer! What a small world we live in! LOL! Welcome to the desert! I love your blog and the pictures of the parade you took. I also showed my sister the picture you took of her dogs in the stroller. Too cute!

I love living in the desert because of the golf and hiking. There's plenty to do here (except in the summers when it gets to hot).