Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hiking The Bump N Grind Trail



We hiked this morning at The Bump-n-Grind Trail that overlooks Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage and the Coachella Valley. The trail starts on Painters Path behind the Target store in Palm Desert. It was a beautiful morning for hiking!

While filming our hike (see above video), I tried using a steadicam stabilizer while walking. It's really hard adjusting the weights and camera on the Hague to get it to work right. Part of the problem I had was going up hill, the camera kept swaying from side to side. Actually, with a little more practice, I think the steadicam stabilizer will do just fine.


Click on the above image to view pictures of our hike. I took the photos with my handy little pocket size camera called the Casio Exilim EX-Z1050. It takes good pictures for a small camera.

2 comments:

shuan 8 pai said...

I use to live in Imperial Valley, CA. I remember every year, my family and I would take a hike through the desert (on trails of course). Although it was hot, we had such a fun time. This brought many great memories. :)



{shuan8pai.blogspot.com}

Desertnut said...

Thanks, shuan 8 pai for visiting! Sounds like you had wonderful times hiking with your family. My husband and I go to different trails in the desert at least once a week. We love the sport.