Friday, August 26, 2011

Mt. San Jacinto Peak Hike

Click on the following link for: High Definition

This is our first time we hiked up to Mt. San Jacinto Peak. We took our time to adjust for the altitude on the way up. The trail conditions were very good and well-maintained. Near the summit we saw a small Stone cabin. There was some rock scrambling before we actually made it to the top. It took us 7 hours to complete around 12 miles round trip.

CLICK ON ABOVE IMAGE TO VIEW MORE PICTURES

Going down the mountain was a challenged for me because my toes were rubbing against the tip of my shoes and using them as brakes. I now have a toe nail that is lifting on one side and hurts when I try to put on my hiking shoes or boots. So it looks like I won't be doing any hiking soon unless I can wear flip flops. Bummer!

No comments: