Friday, July 03, 2009

Hummingbirds in a Wind Chime - July 3rd 2009



The baby hummingbirds are 11 days old today. Haven't been able to see the mama bird feed the babies until this morning. I filmed a brief shot of her feeding the little ones, however, the footage is pixelated because I was too far away. I wasn't going to include this in the video because the footage looked bad, but better then nothing.

Baby hummingbirds usually leave their nest after 3 weeks. So I'm guessing these little hummers will leave their nest around July 13.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see they are still around and hungry... I hope the heat does not get to them... We do not want to lose them at this stage...

ARH
Alameda, CA

Anonymous said...

Desertnut,

You are out partying... how about the poor babies in the heat?

ARH
Alameda, CA

Desertnut said...

ARH, I'm worried about one of the baby hummingbirds. The other one looks fat and healthy while the other looks very small. See video on my post for today. I pray it will be alright. I'm going to do some research.