Tuesday, February 21, 2006

It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

I had mentioned in my previous blog that where I live all our condo's look a like. Many of us put statues in front of our places as landmarks so we don't drive past our driveways, see movie If These Statues Could Talk. My neighbor, John not only has a statue in front of his home (little bunnies), he now has a statue of a frog on his back patio. The raw iron frog golfer sits on a two foot high fence facing the golf course. Now his friends can easily find his place after golf for cocktails.

Here's John's version of the Jimmy Buffett song, It's Five O'Clock Somewhere:

The sun is hot and that ole clock is moving slow and so am I
A round of golf passes like molasses in wintertime, but it's July
I'm getting bogies by the hour and older by the minute
My golf game just pushed me over the limit
I just yelled a four letter word, I think I'll call it a day

Pour me something tall and strong
Make it a Hurricane before I go insane
It's only half past twelve, but I don't care
It's five o'clock somewhere

What time zone am I on? What country am I in? John, George, Jack, Fred & Gordon: "It doesn't matter, it's five o'clock somewhere!"

Double click on above picture to hear the melody to this song.

No comments: